How long Tramadol might stay in the body varies from person to person. Usually, Tramadol is traceable in blood for up to 24 hours, in saliva up to 48 hours, in urine up to 4 days, and in hair up to 3-6 months. The timing is affected by several factors, which we’ll discuss right now.
Keep reading to find out all about Tramadol.
Tramadol — Everything You need to Know
Tramadol 100mg is a prescription-only drug used to treat pain. After surgery or an injury, doctors might prescribe Tramadol to ease the suffering. Or, it can also be used as a means to treat pain due to chronic diseases such as cancer or arthritis.
This drug is similar to other opioid drugs that treat pain, for example, hydrocodone.
But, how does it work? How can just a pill help to vanish all the pain in the body?
Read also: How Much Tramadol Can I Take At Once?
Well, first, let’s bust the myths associated with Tramadol: a) it doesn’t completely cure the pain. And b) It doesn’t cure the disease or injury.
It just lowers the pain by manipulating two chemicals in the brain: serotonin and norepinephrine. These two chemicals are neurotransmitter messengers that travel through our body and signal our brain to feel pain when we’re hurt or cut.
Now, just like any other opioid drug, Tramadol feels like a saviour on the surface…but, it’s not.
It is strongly habited formational and leaves some serious side effects on the body if ever misused.
Below, we’re going to discuss why the timing varies from person to person, and what are the factors affecting it?
Factors Affecting the Duration
Here’s what might affect how long it lives in your body.
- Dosage: The higher dosage you take, the longer it will take before Tramadol exists from your body. As said earlier, Tramadol is addictive. So, if you have been on it for a longer duration, it will consequently take longer to completely get rid of Tramadol.
- How you took Tramadol: In case you don’t know, Tramadol comes in pills, capsules, syrups, and even injections. If you take it through syrups and injections, it will stay in your body for a lesser duration and will flush out the urinary system faster.
- How old are you: Age affects directly — because the younger the age, the better the health of overall body organs. The kidney, liver, heart, and metabolism works better compared to old age, so Tramadol will stay in your body for less time. But, that’s not the rule, though. It all boils down to your overall body health.
- Genetics: Genetics can affect — two classes of body enzymes that help process the drugs in our stomach. They’re of different quality and quantity in each DNA. So, depending upon how powerful and weak they’re, it will take more or less time.
The half-life of Tramadol is 5-6 hours — it means that you can get rid of half of its concentration within 5-6 hours after its intake.
But, still, here’s what you need to know: doctors can trace Tramadol in your body for up to 6 months. Discover how…
So, for how long can doctors still trace out Tramadol in Blood, Urine, Saliva, and Hair?
Here’s the time for each test:
- Blood: In blood, you can be tracked for up to 12-24 hours of intake.
- Saliva: Surprisingly enough, tests can still track Tramadol in your saliva for about 48 hours.
- Urine: In urine, it lasts longer, for about 1-4 business days. (“Business days”, that’s a pretty bad dad joke right there)
- Hair: The longest you would ever imagine a drug living in your body — to your surprise, it might last for up to 6 months in your hair fossil.
However, you shouldn’t be panicking, until you’re taking Tramadol as your doctors have prescribed you.
So, once again, Tramadol is a really useful drug to treat pain. But, only useful when taken with the doctor’s prescription. If ever misused, you’ll regret that woeful decision while laying down on a hospital bed, dealing with its side effects.
Got any questions? Comment below to get help from our experts.
Or, want this med to be delivered to your doorstep? Click here to get Tramadol 100mg now to get rid of that pain.
Take great care.
Ehsan is a crazy-good copywriter and SEO article writer. He connects businesses with their target audiences, and surges their Google rankings. His write-ups sell, and are exciting and easier to digest — even the hazy & dusky tech, too.