If you are dealing with longer painful headaches, not the ones that come and go, but awful tension headaches, your doctor may prescribe you Butalbital. It’s a sedative used for easing the pain, reducing anxiety, and relaxing the muscle contraction, just like a pain-reliever.
But the sedative is not used alone, it is used with the combination of Aspirin to work. (There can be other combinations as well that can be recommended by doctors only)
Let’s see how it works, it’s possible health side effects, some warnings, and precautions before you take the first pill of Butalbital 40MG.
How does it work?
Bitalbutal (aka Fioricet) belongs to the sedative class, barbiturates. It contains acetaminophen, butalbital, and caffeine.
Doctors aren’t actually sure how it works. In their guesses, because of what the drug contains, it eases the pain by releasing the chemical, GABA, reducing the muscle contraction, and relieving all the pain in your body.
You’ll have to take it by mouth as a pill, and how frequently you should take it, depends upon how your pharmacist has prescribed you.
You should not overdose it in any case because it can cause some serious damage.
It’s usually prescribed for short-term use as it can be habit-formational, and it’s misuse can even cause death.
So, before you take this med, read below the warnings and precautions.
Read this Before Taking the Med: Warnings and Precautions
These precautions are necessary to be followed.
Tell your doctor if you are:
- Allergic to caffeine, butalbital, or if you have any other allergies to meds
- Taking other meds, vitamins, herbals, or if you have already taken any sedative in the recent past
- Changing or planning to change your diet while you are dosing Butalbital
- An alcoholic, or you have recently quit alcohol
- Dealing with diabetes, liver diseases, HIV Aids, STDs, or any other deadly disease that requires you to eliminate some diet in your daily routine
- Pregnant, planning to become, or breast-feeding
- An older adult and you are sensitive to drugs, meds, or you are dealing with sleep issues
Butalbital is severely unfruitful for infants and childrens, so you MUST keep this med away from their reach. Also, if you drive regularly, try avoiding it while you take butalbital because one of its side effects is drowsiness, and that can lead to deadly crash accidents.
Let’s talk about it’s other side effects, some of them require instant medical attention.
As this med is sold with the prescription only, your doctor has already thoroughly checked you, so you don’t need to worry that much.
But, in case anything goes wrong, despite the fact that you’re not misusing, overdosing, or doing anything untold, call for an emergency immediately. It’s side effects can become a cause for a measurable death, so you’re warned beforehand.
Here goes…some of the common and less dangerous side effects:
- Itching, hives
- Swelling of mouth, lips, tongue, hands, fingers, toes
Here are some serious symptoms needing immediate doctor’s attention:
- Issues while breathing, slow breathing, can’t be able to breath
- Faster/abnormal heart-rate
- unusual behaviour, actions, or thoughts
- Pain in the stomach, bleeding while vomiting or simply vomiting with rotten-smelly stuff, bloody coughs
- Pain while urinating, and
- Red/itchy skin
- Sleep problems, drowsiness
Conclusion: Where can you get Butalbital?
You can get this relaxant from the nearby drug store or through an online pharmacy — only if you have an authorized doctor’s prescription.
And if you are too lazy to step out of the comfort zone of your home, or you’re simply too busy — you can get this delivered at your door-front today ASAP.
Click here to shop your daily meds at Benzocart, a government registered online pharmacy helping patients to heal well while remaining in their cozy rooms. Stay healthy!
Ehsan is a crazy-good copywriter and SEO article writer. He connects businesses with their target audiences, and surges their Google rankings. His write-ups sell, and are exciting and easier to digest — even the hazy & dusky tech, too.